Current Off-Campus Students
- Important Dates
- How to Apply for On-Campus Housing
- Waitlist Housing Application
- Assignment Process for Students Currently Residing Off-Campus
- Requests for Special Accommodation
- October 13, 2020 - Waitlist housing application for currently enrolled students not living on-campus is available online at Home Under the Dome.
- October 25, 2020 - Priority deadline to complete a waitlist housing application and be included in the initial waitlist lottery process.
- October 27, 2020 - Deadline for currently enrolled students not living on-campus to submit housing accommodation needs to the Sara Bea Disability Services Office.
- November 18, 2020 - Currently enrolled students not living on-campus who applied by October 25, 2020, receive either housing assignment information or waitlist position information.
To apply for on-campus housing, please visit homeunderthedome.nd.edu based on the application availability dates listed above. Once there, click on the housing application for Spring 2021 tab at the top of the page and follow the on-screen prompts to submit information and your housing contract.
The waitlist housing application is how students currently living off-campus apply for housing. On-campus housing is not guaranteed to students currently living off-campus; however, the Office of Residential Life works hard to provide housing to all students who apply.
Students applying to the Spring 2021 waitlist are strongly encouraged to complete their application by the priority deadline of October 25, 2020. Our residence halls are typically at or near capacity at the start of the spring semester, so not all students on the waitlist may receive housing. On the application, students answer questions that will assist their rector with their transition to college (or their transition back to the University), provide emergency contact information, and complete a housing contract. If the Office of Residential Life has space available, waitlisted students receive their housing assignment information - including their roommate information - on November 18, 2020. If there is not space available, waitlist housing applicants will receive communication on November 18, 2020, regarding their position on the Spring 2021 housing waitlist and the expected availability of space before the start of the spring semester.
For students who are currently living off-campus and applying to return to on-campus housing, the Office of Residential Life makes room assignments based on space available. An off-campus student is asked on the housing application if they would like to return to the hall they had previously lived in before they moved off-campus.
Students who are in need of special housing accommodations must be in communication with the Sara Bea Accessibility Services Office regarding these requests. All requests must be submitted by October 27, 2020, to the Accessibility Services Office in order to be considered for the assignment process. Accessibility Services will communicate with the Office of Residential Life regarding students who need accommodations prior to the assignment process. For requests submitted after the deadline, we cannot guarantee that appropriate space will be available. Receiving an accommodation does not guarantee housing for students applying to the housing waitlist. For students who are on the housing waitlist and have been approved for an accommodation, the Office of Residential Life will make reasonable effort to assign the student according to their accommodation if there is a space available.