Campus Access for Move-In
|Date||Student Arrival Group||Arrival Time||Arrival Time Required for Campus Access|
|Tuesday, August 17||Pre-Season Hall Transfer, 5:00-9:00 p.m.||No Staging Lot||Yes|
|Wednesday, August 18||Approved Early Arrival Groups||10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.||Yes|
|Thursday, August 19||
Approved Early Arrival Groups
First Year International Students
|10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.||Yes|
|Friday, August 20||
First Year Students
|9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.||Yes|
|Saturday, August 21||Approved Early Arrival||10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.||Yes|
|Sunday, August 22||
|9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.||Yes|
Updated August 5, 2021: All parents/families/guests must wear masks when indoors. This includes in residence halls, classrooms, Purcell Pavilion/etc, whether they are vaccinated or unvaccinated.
- Three Steps to Access Campus For Move-In
- Arrival Times
- Staging Lots
- Parking After Unloading
- Ride Share during Move-In Week
- Moving and Storage Companies
- Personal Storage Units
1. Enter Staging Lot
- During your Arrival Time, you will enter the staging lot for your residence hall. Students will provide verification of their arrival time using their smartphone and logging into Home Under the Dome. If you do not have access to a smartphone, lot staff will verify your arrival time.
- Staff will release cars from the staging lot as space is available in the Unloading Zone at your Residence Hall. There is no limit to the number of students who may sign up for the same arrival times in Home Under the Dome. However, the more students signed up for your Arrival Time, the longer your wait time will be in the staging lot. Please plan carefully for your Arrival Time reservation.
- If you use a Ride Share to access campus, please see additional information below.
2. Access Unloading Zone at your Residence Hall
- As spots in the designated Unloading Zone at your Residence Hall become available, staging lot staff will release cars. University Usher staff will assist at the halls, please follow all university instructions to access the Unloading Zone.
- To accommodate the students who have signed up for the same Arrival Time, the driver of the vehicle should remain with the vehicle at all times. Time spent in the Unloading Zone should not exceed 30 minutes.
- Students arriving without guests to assist their move-in should unload their items on to the curb.
3. Park in a Perimeter Parking Lot
- After unloading the vehicle, it must promptly be moved to a perimeter parking lot on campus. Please remember where you park and take a photo if you can. A list of recommended perimeter parking lots is available at the bottom of this page by clicking on this link.
Residential Life is asking that students register for an Arrival Time in Home Under the Dome that best fits their travel plans; Residential Life will share additional information with students in Late June. Arrival Times will better manage traffic flow to the Unloading Zones at the residence halls through our staging lots and campus gates. Students should sign up in Home Under the Dome for an Arrival Time where they will be able to access Unloading Zones during a 60-minute window at their residence hall. While staging lots are open, students who have signed up for an Arrival Time will be allowed to access the Unloading Zones at their hall. If you do not register for an Arrival Time on your move-in day you will be asked to park in a perimeter parking lot and walk on to campus.
More information regarding Arrival Times will be communicated directly with students in Late June at which time students will be able to sign up in Home Under the Dome for their Arrival Time.
We do not have a capacity on the number of students who can choose a particular Arrival Time for your hall, however we are encouraging students to review the number of students arriving during their time for planning purposes. The more students registered for an Arrival Time, the longer your wait will be in staging lots to access Unloading Zones. If you utilize an off campus storage unit, we suggest that you plan accordingly to return your items to the hall during your Arrival Time. If you make multiple trips to the unit after your Arrival Time; preference will be given to students registered for the current Arrival Time. Staging lot staff will release you to the hall if Unloading Zone space is available. You may also walk on to campus after your Arrival Time from any perimeter parking lot.
Your first stop on campus will be your hall's move-in staging lot. Upon arriving to the appropriate staging lot, you will be directed into your residence hall's "staging line," where Move-In staff will verify your move in day and release your car to access campus as space becomes available near your residence hall. To assist our parking teams at the residence hall please write the student's name and a phone number on a piece of paper and place this on your dashboard. If parking staff need vehicles to move, they will attempt to contact you prior to towing. Only one car per student will be permitted to park at your hall. If you bring additional cars to campus, they should park in a public lot. Parking at the residence hall is for unloading only, we encourage the driver of the vehicle to remain with the vehicle while unloading at the hall.
Please review the maps linked below for lot locations:
- Dorr Road Lot
- Fischer Faculty Lot
- Rugby Lot
- Walsh Architecture Lot
- Fischer Graduate Residences, Fischer Community Center (Undergraduate Residents Only)
|Residence Hall||Staging Lot|
|Alumni Hall||Walsh Architecture Lot|
|Badin Hall||Dorr Lot|
|Baumer Hall||Walsh Architecture Lot|
|Breen-Philips Hall||Rugby Lot|
|Carroll Hall||Lake Lot (Open for Parking)|
|Cavanaugh Hall||Rugby Lot|
|Dillon Hall||Walsh Architecture Lot|
|Duncan Hall||Dorr Lot|
|Dunne Hall||Fischer Faculty Lot|
|Farley Hall||Rugby Lot|
|Fischer Graduate Undergraduate Residents||Fischer Community Center|
|Fisher Hall||Dorr Lot|
|Flaherty Hall||Fischer Faculty Lot|
|Howard Hall||Dorr Lot|
|Johnson Family Hall||Fischer Faculty Lot|
|Keenan Hall||Rugby Lot|
|Keough Hall||Walsh Architecture Lot|
|Knott Hall||Fischer Faculty Lot|
|Lewis Hall||Rugby Lot|
|Lyons Hall||Dorr Lot|
|McGlinn Hall||Dorr Lot|
|Morrissey Hall||Dorr Lot|
|O'Neill Family Hall||Dorr Lot|
|Pangborn Hall||Dorr Lot|
|Pasquerilla East Hall||Fischer Faculty Lot|
|Pasquerilla Wast Hall||Rugby Lot|
|Ryan Hall||Walsh Architecture Lot|
|Siegfried Hall||Rugby Lot|
|St. Edward's Hall||Rugby Lot|
|Stanford Hall||Rugby Lot|
|Walsh Hall||Rugby Lot|
|Welsh Family Hall||Walsh Architecture Lot|
|Sorin Community in Zahm Hall||Rugby Lot|
Unloading Zones are for drop off only. Vehicles in Unloading Zones should remain attended at all times. To keep the move-in process flowing smoothly for all our students and families, vehicles must leave the hall and park at a perimeter parking lot as soon as possible to make space for other students to unload their belongings. Available parking can be viewed here. While signs will be posted and staff are available to help you navigate campus, consider downloading the ND Mobile app to help you navigate campus.
- If your staging lot was the Dorr Lot, we recommend you park in the Lake Lot.
- If your staging lot was the Fischer Faculty Lot, we recommend you park in the Bulla Lot.
- If your staging lot was the Rugby Lot, we recommend you park in the Bulla Lot
- If your staging lot was the Walsh Architecture Lot, we recommend you park in the Joyce Lot.
Please note where you park your vehicle (consider taking a photo if you can!)
- Main Circle is not available for ride share map drop-off or pick-up during move-in.
- Ride share drivers are often unwilling to wait at staging lots, and the additional cost of waiting may not be feasible for students while the staging lots are open.
- Ride share services will not be permitted through campus gates without a staging lot pass when staging lots are open.
Many families and students choose to use third-party moving and storage companies at their own expense.
Students must be present in the hall for the return of their items from a third-party storage company. We encourage students to consider scheduling the return of their items when Staging Lots are not open. Any companies wishing to access campus while staging lots are active should access campus for the residence halls at the designated staging lot.
Moving and storage companies should be aware of truck and trailer restrictions when accessing campus. While the University of Notre Dame does not endorse any storage companies, we encourage storage companies who offer services to students on campus to contact Leah Kicinski, firstname.lastname@example.org to work efficiently on campus.
If you utilize an off campus storage unit, we suggest that you plan accordingly to return your items to the hall during your Arrival Time. If you make multiple trips to the unit after your Arrival Time; preference will be given to students registered for the current Arrival Time. Staging lot staff will release you to the hall if Unloading Zone space is available. You may also walk on to campus after your Arrival Time from any perimeter parking lot. Portable storage units are not permitted on campus.