|Farley Hall||/assets/269850/fullsize/farley_hall.jpg||Female||215||Dedicated to Rev. John “Pop” Farley, C.S.C., standout Notre Dame student-athlete and former rector of Walsh and Sorin Halls, Farley Hall was the first residence hall constructed after World War II as the result of increased need for student housing. Former Notre Dame President, Rev. Theodore Hesburgh, C.S.C., served as the hall’s first rector. Converted to a women’s hall in 1973, Farley annually celebrates its namesake’s birthday through Pop Farley Week, which includes a skit night, a visit to Farley’s grave, hall decorating, and a hall dance. The hall also hosts Be Fine Day in which the women of Farley celebrate their inner beauty and distinctive talents. Farley was last named Women’s Hall of the Year in 2016-2017 and was home to former Notre Dame President Rev. Edward “Monk” Malloy, C.S.C.; NBC News Medical Correspondent, Bob Arnot; and United States Circuit Judge of the US Court of Appeals, Ann Williams.
||7||1942||North||St. John the Evangelist||4||103||true|| ||Elaine DeBassigeemail@example.com||Originally from San Rafael, New Mexico, Elaine DeBassige became the rector of Farley Hall in 2013. She earned her Bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Notre Dame and her Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology and Counselor Education from the University of Colorado at Denver. She is a licensed professional counselor in the state of Colorado. Elaine has a broad range of experience in cultural relevancy, career counseling and transitions, personal development programming, and in helping elite athletes enter civilian life. In her free time, Elaine enjoys cooking, traveling, quilting, writing, talking, and cheering on the Fighting Irish!|
|Fisher Hall||/assets/269851/fullsize/fisher_hall.jpg||Male||178||Fisher Hall, named in honor of Fred and Sally Fisher, is located on the South Quad next to the South Dining Hall and near the Rockne Memorial. Fisher boasts a strong service program, annually raising funds on behalf of St. Adalbert Catholic School and supporting the Holy Cross Missions in Africa. Fisher hosts the Fisher Regatta in which residence halls race their own personally constructed boats across St. Joseph’s Lake, and hosts a series of “Fred Talks,” designed for the men of the hall to gain insight from Notre Dame’s most prominent faculty, administrators, coaches, and alumni. In addition to Sunday Mass, Fisher also celebrates Mass Monday through Thursday at 10 p.m. and holds a weekly rosary devotion on Tuesdays. Fisher was last named Men’s Hall of the Year in 2015-2016 and was home to both Regis Philben and Joe Montana.
||5||1952||South||St. Paul the Apostle||4||103||true|| ||Fishermen||Rick Mazzeifirstname.lastname@example.org||Rick Mazzei became the rector of Fisher Hall in 2014. He is a Massachusetts native who holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Notre Dame and a Master’s degree in American History from Salem State University. Prior to becoming a rector, Rick worked as an educator and coach in Massachusetts for nearly 40 years. He is a civil war buff and enjoys traveling. Rick is a member of the New England Lacrosse and Beverly High School Halls of Fame, and was the first coach in the state of Massachusetts to record 400 wins.|
|Flaherty Hall||/assets/269852/fullsize/flaherty_hall.jpg||Female||226||The gift of Jay and Mary Hesburgh, Flaherty Hall was established in 2016 and is one of the newest residence halls on campus. Formally dedicated to recognize Mary Hesburgh Flaherty, the niece of former Notre Dame president, Rev. Theodore Hesburgh, C.S.C., and a 1979 graduate from one of the first classes to include women, the hall is located on the Northeast corner of campus. The majority of residents in the hall’s first year were comprised of former residents from Pangborn Hall, when the Pangborn community transitioned to Flaherty. Flaherty was built in the neo-gothic style, with the chapel visible from the outside.
||6||2016||Mary Queen of Angels||4||116||true||true||Bears||Sr. Mary Donnelly, O.P.||/email@example.com||A Dominican Sister from Grand Rapids, Michigan, Sr. Mary Donnelly, O.P. became the rector of Flaherty Hall in 2016. Prior to opening Flaherty, Sr. Mary was the rector of Pangborn Hall since 2008. She earned her Bachelor’s degree from Aquinas College and a Master’s degree in Pastoral Studies from the Aquinas Institute of Theology. She completed certification in Spiritual Direction at the Dominican Center at Marywood and received her Doctor of Ministry degree from Western Theological Seminary. Prior to Notre Dame, Sr. Mary served in Campus Ministry at Aquinas College, where she coordinated retreats, Bible Study opportunities, and evenings of reflection, faith, and film. As the Director of Formation for her religious community, Sr. Mary has worked directly with women seeking to become professed religious.|
|Howard Hall||/assets/346036/fullsize/bj_6.14.19_howard_hall_4801.jpg||Female||148||Built in 1924 and named after lay professor and future Indiana Supreme Court Justice, Timothy Edward Howard, Howard Hall was the first residence hall constructed in coordination with the location of two other halls to form the cornerstone of the South Quad. Originally built as a men’s residence hall, Howard was the first hall to incorporate Gothic architecture, featuring two arches as well as decorative stone carvings of students, animals, and a saint. The women who now reside in Howard annually host Totter for Water, which involves residents rocking on a giant teeter-totter to raise money for the Water Project to fund the construction of wells in Africa. They are also known for their annual Chapel Crawl, in which residents and friends celebrate Mass in every residence hall throughout the Lenten season. Howard Hall was last named Hall of the Year in 2011-2012.||4||1924||South||The Immaculate Conception of Our Lady of Lourdes||4||88|| || ||Ducks||Amanda Springsteadfirstname.lastname@example.org||A native of South Bend, Indiana, Amanda Springstead became the rector of Howard Hall in 2014. She earned her Bachelor’s degree in Theology and supplementary Philosophy from the University of Notre Dame and her Master’s degree in Leadership Development from Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College. At Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Amanda worked in admissions and campus life. Following graduate school, Amanda served as Area Director for Housing and Residence Life at Saint Joseph’s College where she focused on the development, support, and mentorship of RAs. In her free time, Amanda enjoys riding her horse and spending time with family and friends.|
|Johnson Family Hall||/assets/394859/fullsize/johnson_family_hall.jpg||Female||225||In December 2018, the University began construction on Johnson Family Hall, a four-story women’s residence hall located east of Dunne Hall in the East Quadrangle. The 68,000-square-foot facility will accommodate 225 undergraduate women and will be ready for occupancy in August 2020.
Johnson Family Hall will offer residents a community chapel, formal reading room, study spaces, lounges, kitchens on every floor and a variety of room configurations: singles, doubles and quads, as well as apartments for the rector, priest-in-residence and/or faculty-in-residence and other hall staff. Fifty percent of the first floor will be devoted to community space while the other half will be devoted to residences. In the lower level, residents will have access to vending, fitness, laundry and storage spaces.
Named in honor of St. Teresa of Calcutta, the chapel will be a warm, inviting, sacred space. For times when students need space to study, work together on a project or host an event, the Reading Room, lounges and study spaces throughout the building will also provide options.|| ||2020||East||St. Teresa of Calcutta||4|| ||true||true||Valkyries|
|Keenan Hall||/assets/269854/fullsize/keenan_hall.jpg||Male||250||Dedicated in 1957 in honor of James Keenan, Jr. who passed away shortly before his freshman year, Keenan Hall shares an entrance lounge, chapel, and rivalry with Stanford Hall. Since 1976, Keenan has hosted the Keenan Revue, which includes comedic sketches and musical performances from the men of Keenan. With an attendance of nearly 5,000, the Keenan Revue is one of the largest campus events of the spring semester and the largest residence hall signature event at Notre Dame. Keenan also annually hosts Muddy Sunday, a mud volleyball tournament that raises funds for Habitat for Humanity. Keenan was last named Hall of the Year in 2013-2014 and Men’s Hall of the Year in 2014-2015.
||8||1957||North||Holy Cross||4||116||true|| ||Knights||Jimmy Tull||/assets/267960/fullsize/jimmy_tull_web.jpg||574-631-1494||James.R.Tull.email@example.com||Born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio, Jimmy Tull became the rector of Keenan Hall in 2017. He earned a Bachelor’s degree in History from Brown University and a Master’s degree in Theology from the University of Notre Dame. After Brown, Jimmy spent four years at Woodberry Forest School. In 2012 he moved back to New England and worked for St. Sebastian’s School where he taught all of the school’s religion classes, coached football, and wrestling, and was involved in various aspects of Campus Ministry. Jimmy enjoys outdoor adventures, road trips, singing, fitness, facial hair, and all things Notre Dame.|
|Keough Hall||/assets/269855/fullsize/keough.jpg||Male||271||Keough Hall is named in honor of Marilyn Keough, the wife of Donald Keough, chairman emeritus of the Board of Trustees and a Life Trustee of Notre Dame. Keough was dedicated in 1996 and built as a replacement residence hall for Flanner and Grace Halls, which were both converted into administrative buildings. The hall is known for its Toga Dance, “Rootreat,” and summer service at St. Brendan’s Parish in Tanzania. Keough also annually hosts the Keough Hall Chariot Race in which Keough men build their own chariots to race against one another. This signature event lasts all day and is followed at night by a dance. Keough was last named Hall of the Year in 2008-2009.
||7||1996||West||Our Lady of Guadalupe||4||125||true||true||Kangaroos||Rev. Pat Reidy, C.S.C.||/firstname.lastname@example.org||Rev. Pat Reidy, C.S.C., became the rector of Keough Hall in 2013. A native of Denver, Colorado and former resident assistant in Sorin Hall, Fr. Pat graduated from Notre Dame with a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and Theology and entered formation in the Congregation of Holy Cross. He earned a Master of Divinity degree from Notre Dame and was ordained a Holy Cross priest in 2013. He enjoys skiing, cycling, Chipotle burritos, shopping at used bookstores, and cheering for the Denver Broncos.|
|Knott Hall||/assets/269857/fullsize/knott.jpg||Male||252||Constructed in 1988, Knott Hall was the first Notre Dame residence hall named for a woman, Marion Burk Knott. Originally built as a women’s residence hall, it was converted to a male hall in 1997. Within the Knott Hall chapel is a statue of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton donated by her grandson, Archbishop Robert J. Seton. The chapel is also home to a sculpture by renowned Croatian sculptor and architect Ivan Mestrovic. The men of Knott annually lead the Aidan Project, a cancer awareness initiative in which students make fleece blankets and write personal notes of encouragement for children undergoing cancer treatment. Knott Hall also annually hosts the AquaKnott and the All Knotter. It was last named Men’s Hall of the Year in 2013.
||6||1988||Mod||St. Elizabeth Ann Seton||4||114||true||true||Juggerknotts||Patrick Kincaidemail@example.com||Born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio, Patrick Kincaid became the rector of Knott Hall in 2014. He earned a Bachelor’s degree in Religious Studies, Catholic Studies, and History from John Carroll University and a Master’s degree in Education through the Alliance for Catholic Education (ACE) at the University of Notre Dame. While an undergraduate student at John Carroll University, Patrick worked in Residence Life for almost three years, during which time he helped to build many dynamic residence hall communities. Patrick has also worked as a teacher, retreat leader, basketball coach, freelance writer and publisher. He enjoys reading and listening to a variety of music.|
|Lewis Hall||/assets/269858/fullsize/lewis_hall.jpg||Female||269||Dedicated to Chicago philanthropist Frank Lewis, Lewis Hall was made possible by Lewis’ wife, Julia, who provided funding for the hall’s construction in 1965. The hall served as a residence for Sisters pursuing graduate degrees before the University became co-ed in 1972. It is now one of the largest women’s residence hall on campus, housing nearly 270 residents each year. The women of Lewis annually host Chicks for Charity in which residents make Easter baskets and write cards to the children and mothers of St. Margaret’s House, a day center in South Bend that provides safety, life skills, and other aid to women and children in need. They also host L-HOP (Lewis House of Pancakes) each year, serving a late night breakfast to the campus community. Each floor of the hall features a different breakfast item and all proceeds are donated to a local food bank. Lewis was last named Hall of the Year in 2012-2013 and was home to NBC News Chief Environmental Affairs correspondent, Anne Thompson.||8||1965||North||St. Theresa of Avila||4||116||true|| ||Chicks||Rachelle Simonfirstname.lastname@example.org||Originally from Sedalia, Missouri, Rachelle Simon became the rector of Lewis Hall in 2016. She earned a Bachelor’s degree in Communications and Sciences Disorders from Rockhurst University, a Master’s degree in Counseling and Human Service from Villanova University, and a Master of Divinity degree from the Boston College School of Theology and Ministry. Prior to Boston College, Rachelle worked as a campus minister at the Catholic Newman Center at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, where she organized all social, spiritual, and social justice activities. In her spare time, Rachelle enjoys hiking, being outdoors, and spending quality time with her friends and family.|
|Lyons Hall||/assets/269859/fullsize/lyons_hall.jpg||Female||182||Opened in 1927 as a men’s residence hall, Lyons Hall is located in close proximity to St. Mary’s Lake and is known for its picturesque views from the archway. It is also the only residence hall featured in the movie, “Rudy.” Dedicated in honor of Joseph Lyons, a popular English professor and the first layman buried in the Holy Cross Community Cemetery, the hall was converted to a women’s residence in 1974. Each year, hall leadership coordinates the Mara Fox Run, which raises funds for a scholarship named in honor of former Lyons Hall resident Mara Fox who was killed by a drunk driver in 1993. Lyons Hall also annually hosts Rinking for Riley to benefit the Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis. Professor Ed Hums and his wife Shirley are one of two faculty couples on campus who live in residence. Together, they love sharing life with the women of Lyons, hosting students in their apartment and attending hall events throughout the year.
||6||1927||South||All Souls'||4||97|| || ||Lion||Sarah Heimanemail@example.com||Sarah Heiman became the rector of Lyons Hall in 2014. Originally from Chester, Nebraska, Sarah earned both her Bachelor’s degree in Religious Studies and her Master of Divinity degree from Yale University. Prior to Notre Dame, Sarah served at Mercy Center, a retreat and conference center sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, where she developed and led programmatic offerings to help people of all ages connect with the Sacred in self, others, and creation. Before that, she served for four years at Sacred Heart University in Connecticut overseeing retreats and faith development and encouraging discipleship and student leadership.|