Badin Hall

Badin Hall

Originally constructed in 1897 as St. Joseph's Industrial School, Badin Hall was renamed in 1917 in honor of Rev. Stephen Badin, the first Catholic priest ordained in the United States and provider of the land where the original Log Cabin was built. Badin was converted to a women’s residence hall in 1972 when Notre Dame became co-ed. The smallest women’s residence hall on campus, Badin is located on the South Quad and is the only hall with a balcony. Badin supports the Hope for Nepal charity which helps to support an orphanage for children who would otherwise be forced to live on the streets. Each year, residents raise money for the charity by hosting the Badin Breakdown, a karaoke and sketch comedy performance on the South Quad.

Rector

Sr. Susan Sisko, OSBM

Sr. Susan Sisko, OSBM

A Connecticut native, Sr. Susan Sisko, OSBM, earned her Bachelor's degree in Psychology from Duquesne University and her Master's degree in Theology/Liturgy from the University of Notre Dame. She also holds a certificate in Formative Studies from the Institute of Religious Formation at Catholic Theological Union in Chicago. Prior to becoming a rector, Sr. Susan was a member of the elected leadership team of the Sisters of St. Basil the Great and served as the Monastery Director at Mt. St. Macrina. Sr. Susan has worked in Catholic education for over 25 years, in both teaching and administration. Prior to the Sisters of St. Basil, Sr. Susan was the Director of Young Adult Ministry for the Byzantine Catholic Metropolitan Archeparchy of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.   Sr. Susan enjoys reading, music, travel, and the ups and downs of being a lifelong fan of the New York Mets.

574-631-3780

Hall Stats

Approximate Capacity
131
Number of Sections
5
Year Established
1897
Quad
South
Sex
Female
Chapel
St. Stephen
Number of Floors
4
Number of Rooms
67
Elevator
Yes
Air Conditioning
No
Nickname/Mascot
Bullfrogs